The U.S. Postal Service™ is proud of its role in portraying the American experience to a world audience through the issuance of postage stamps and postal stationery.
Each year the Postal Service issues commemorative stamps reflecting subjects of national significance and appeal. More than 160 years of stamp development has yielded an incredible archive of imagery and commentary reflecting American culture and society.
Even in this fast-changing world, stamps are still a versatile and convenient method of postage. And stamp collecting is a lifetime hobby that is fun and educational for all ages.
Stamp collecting is easy to start without a big investment. It is also a great way to learn about the world and its many wonders, opening the door to an exciting universe of history, science, geography, the arts, technology, and sports.
Our mission is to provide universal service that is prompt, reliable, efficient, affordable, and self-sustaining. Throughout its history the Postal Service has grown with the nation, binding it together by ensuring that everyone, everywhere, has the same ability to communicate regardless of technological change.
While we aim to provide an open, interactive space for all users to engage and connect with us, we ask that you share your opinions and feedback in a respectful manner. In addition to keeping your comments clean, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines below. Comments and posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed.
• We do not allow profanity or graphic, obscene, explicit, or racial comments.
• We do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
• We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• Advertising, commercial-related, or competing products are all forbidden.
• Pornography or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
• Apparent spam will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice.
Additionally, please remember that the statements made on this page do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the U.S. Postal Service and are solely representative of the person posting the comment. USPS reserves the right to remove content at its sole discretion.